- In 2018, he is invited to be the Keynote Speaker in IEEE INFOCOM 2018 Workshop on Big Data and Cloud Performance (DCPerf 2018), on Monday, April 16, 08:10-09:00 am, Room: Iolani 3, Hilton Hawaiian Village, Honolulu, HI, USA, titled “Shaping the Clouds from a QoSE (Quality-Open-Smart-Green) Perspective”
- In 2018, he is invited to be the Keynote Speaker in IEEE ICCBB 2018 (International Conference on Cloud Computing, Big Data and Blockchain), Nov. 15, Ramada Plaza Fuzhou, Fuzhou, China, titled “Shaping the Cloud and Edge from a QoSE (Quality-Open-Smart-Green) Perspective”
- In the light of his overall experience in the field of cloud computing, he was appointed by EAI (European Alliance for Innovation) as the Editor-in-Chief of the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Collaborative Computing (2015-2018), see our Welcome Message and Inaugural Issue (PDF version)
Program Committee Member (TPC):
- WWW 2018 (Demo Track) / 2019 (Demo Track) / 2020 (Main Track) / 2021 (Systems and Infrastructure Track) / 2022 (Scalability and Infrastructure Track)
- IEEE INFOCOM 2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019 (Distinguished TPC)/2021/2022 (Distinguished TPC)/2023
- ACM Multimedia 2014/2016/2017/2018
- ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM 2023)
- IEEE ICDCS 2015/2016/2017/2019/2022/2023
- IEEE/ACM IWQoS 2016/2017/2018/2019/2020/2021/2022
- ACM e-Energy 2016/2017/2018/2019/2020/2021
- IEEE ICCCN 2022
- IEEE GLOBECOM 2012/2013/2014/2015/2018/2019/2020/2022
- IEEE BigData 2022
- IEEE EDGE 2021
- ACAC (1st ACM China Annual Conference) 2017 SIGCOMM China Symposium
- USENIX CoolDC 2017 (2nd Workshop on Cool Topics in Sustainable Data Centers), colocated with USENIX ASPLOS 2017
- IEEE LANMAN 2017/2018/2019/2020/2021/2022
- IEEE CCNC 2017 (14th Annual IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking Conference) (Cloud Services and Networking track), co-location with CES (the world’s largest tradeshow on consumer technology, extensive press coverage and ~150,000 attendees)
- IEEE ICNP 2014
- IEEE IPCCC 2015 (34th IEEE – International Performance Computing and Communications Conference)
- IEEE ICNC 2014 (International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications)
- MCSC 2013 - The 1st International Workshop on Mobile Cloud and Social Computing, which will be in held in conjunction with ICDCS 2013 at Philadelphia, USA, July 08-11, 2013.
- CSC 2013 - The International Conference on Cloud and Service Computing, Beijing, Nov.4-6, 2013.
- The 7th International Conference on Frontier of Computer Science and Technology (FCST-12)
- CoNEXT 2011 (Shadow TPC)
- IEEE CCNC 2016 （The 13th Annual IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking Conference）
- CBD 2015 （The Third International Conference on Advanced Cloud and Big Data）
- The International Conference on Selected Topics in Mobile & Wireless Networking (iCOST’2012)
- The 13th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Grid Computing (Grid’2012)
- The International Conference on Selected Topics in Mobile & Wireless Networking (iCOST’2011)
- The 6th International Conference on Frontier of Computer Science and Technology (FCST-11)
- The 8th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems (DCOSS’12)
Conference Program Chair/Co-Chair or Steering Committee or other organizing committee:
- [CFP] ECN 2018 (The 1st International Workshop on Edge Computing and Networking, co-located with ICCCN 2018) Steering Committee, Hangzhou, China, July 30, 2018.
- [CFP] IEEE ICNP 2018 Publicity Co-Chair, Cambridge, UK, September 24-27, 2018.
- [CFP] IEEE ICNP 2017 Publicity Co-Chair, Toronto, 2017.
- [CFP] IEEE/ACM IWQoS 2017 Publicity Co-Chair, Spain, 2017.
- [CFP] INFOCOM 2017 SmartCity Workshop TPC Co-Chair, USA, 2017.
- [CFP] ICNP 2016 Poster/Demo Co-Chair, Singapore, Nov. 8-11 2016.
- [CFP] ACAC (1st ACM China Annual Conference) 2017 SIGCOMM China Symposium Publicity Co-Chair, Shanghai, China, May. 12-14 2017.
- [Call for Papers] The 11th International Conference on Collaborative Computing: Networking, Applications and Worksharing (CollaborateCom 2015) (newly promoted to CCF C class), Wuhan, China, Nov. 9-12 2015, eBook and statistics.
- [Call for Papers] IEEE LANMAN’2014 Publicity Chair (The 20th IEEE International Workshop on Local and Metropolitan Area Networks), Reno, NV, May 21-23, 2014.
- [Call for Papers] The 9th International Conference on Green, Pervasive and Cloud Computing (GPC 2014), to be held in Wuhan, China, May 2014.
- [Call for Papers] National Software Application Conference（NASAC 2015，第十四届全国软件与应用学术会议），to be held in Wuhan, China, November 2015, organized by CCF and Huazhong University of Science & Technology.
Conference Session Chairs:
- ICDCS’2016 Session Chair of “Energy Management and Green Distributed Computing”
- INFOCOM’2015 Session Chair of “Resource Provisioning in Cloud Computing”
- INFOCOM’2014 Session Chairs of “Cloud computing 2” and “Cloud computing 5”
- INFOCOM’2013 Session Chair of “Resource allocation in cloud computing 2”
- INFOCOM’2013 Session Chair of “MC - Data center networking 2”
- IEEE Computer Communications Workshop (CCW) panel on “mobile computing”, Philadelphia, USA, Nov. 6-7, 2014. Established in 1986, IEEE CCW is the annual flagship workshop of the Technical Committee on Computer Communications (TCCC) of the IEEE Communications Society. CCW is a single-track event composed of panels and sessions focused on specific “hot topics” in networking and computer communications.
- The International Conference on Cloud Computing and Big Data (CCBD2014) panel on “The future trend of Big Data”, which is a cross-area international forum on cloud computing and big data, to be held on November 12-14, 2014 at Wuhan University, Wuhan, China. CCBD2014 discusses the state-of-the-art, challenges, and trend of Big Data. Relevant topics include information retrieval/data mining, database system, data center, social network, software engineering and programming models,Big Data application.
Invited Reviewer for Grants, Papers, and Awards:
- Hong Kong RGC (Research Grants Council) external reviewer of General Research Fund (GRF) and Early Career Scheme (ECS)
- Italian Ministry for University and Research (MUR) PRIN 2020 research projects external reviewer/expert
- IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE Transactions on Computers, IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, ACM Transactions on Cyber-Physical Systems, ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems, ACM Computing Surveys, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, IEEE Transasctions on Emerging Topics in Computing, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Computing, Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine, IEEE Network Magazine, IEEE Communications Magazine, Oxford The Computer Journal, IEEE Communications Letters, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications Journal, Elsevier Computer Networks Journal, Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, SCIENCE CHINA Information Sciences
- Apps UP 2022 华为全球应用创新大赛-HMS创新赛道专家评委
- IEEE Senior Member
- ACM Member
- USENIX Member
- CCF 杰出会员，中国计算机学会第十一次会员代表大会会员代表
Special Interest Group:
- ACM China SIGCOMM Chapter committee
- ACM SIGEnergy community (Energy Systems and Informatics)
External Committee Member for Doctoral Thesis:
- The University of Hong Kong, 2014
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2016
- City University of Hong Kong, 2016
- Visiting Professor of Simon Fraser Universiy, Canada, Aug - Oct. 2013
- Visiting Professor of Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, Mar. 2013
- Visiting Professor of City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Jun. 2013
- Visiting Professor of Hong Kong University of Science and Technolgoy, Hong Kong, 2012